martes, 7 de octubre de 2014

Treat yourself

Today, October 7th is my birthday. I am finally turning 18 (it feels like I've waited for this moment forever). So, yes, I am an adult now and, yes, I still have a sweet tooth. Just like when I was a kid. Therefore, since it was my birthday (mark that as the perfect excuse to eat whatever I want) I've chosen to treat myself a little bit. I mean, you don't turn 18 every day!!!

Luckily, I am sharing a flat with two of my best friends, who also like to treat themselves once in a while (actually.. who doesn't!?). If there is something I love, that is food. And if I had to choose a favourite meal, I'd say breakfast. I love waking up in the morning and without any stress or hurry, preparing myself a good breakfast. You know, a complete breakfast, with its glass of orange juice, a café latte and a good croissant. One cannot do that every day though... But why not do it on the day of your birthday? Last night I was definitely up to it and, indeed, I convinced both of my flatmates to come wait for me after UNI so we could enjoy a good breakfast together. We were thinking about Starbucks, it never disappoints and let's be honest, the White Mocca surpasses it all. But we ended up changing our minds and we finally decided to try a new place. 

We went to Buenas Migas. It is a focaccieria located just next to Starbucks, in front of my UNI, in Plaça Universitat (Barcelona). I liked it so much that when I got home I quickly googled it and did some research. Buenas Migas is a company that prepares a large variety of traditional products from Liguria (Italy) and Cornwall (England), since that's where the two founders are from. All of their products are handmade, without preservatives and they use the best raw materials. Doesn't it sound good? I would definitely check it out, if you're up for a good meal (they serve the 5 meals of the day) in a nice, cozy place.



This is the only picture I managed to take of the place. It is decorated with wooden materials and really neutral colors, which make it a really pleasant and cozy space. They also play some really good music on the background. 

Moving on. Let's talk about what we had for breakfast.

First, I ordered a large café latte (you wouldn't have guessed!) and a Cornetto (that is a croissant, I actually learnt that word today) with almonds on top. They heated it before serving it, which, in my opinion, is a plus.


Claudia and Gisela opted for a more healthy option than me (oops). They ordered two café lattes and two sandwitches, which the waiter also heated up (I am telling you, heaven). One was the basic ham and cheese sandwitch and the other one was chicken with rockets. I didn't get to taste them, but according to my friends, they tasted amazing! 


Once we devorated our food we proceeded to take some pictures with their mugs... Are we too weird? Maybe.



Let me know what you think, if you're a fan of breakfast or food in general like I am. And also, which are some of your favourite places :)

A caro prezzo, Cristina X

3 comentarios:

  1. A bit late but happy birthday!! looks like you enjoyed yourself! :) x

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. absolutely love a little treat sometimes! ;) xx

    ResponderEliminar